Friday 4 November 2011

The Testimony of Julia Morrison

My name is Julia & I want to tell you what the Lord has done in my life.

I was born into a Christian home & my family attended a Gospel Hall outside Castlewellan, Co. Down. I loved attending the Sunday School & have precious memories from those days. Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it".
The Gospel Hall always had special meetings, which were great to get the locals in to hear the Gospel. Mr Hedley Murphy, a well known evangelist, was the speaker at one of them & many people were getting saved at these meetings. One night Mum & dad were driving home from the meeting & they were talking about the number of people getting saved. Unaware to them I was listening to every word in the back seat of the car.
When we got home, I said to my mum that I wanted to get saved too. So Mum simply said, "Ask Jesus into you heart & He will save you & never leave you". So we both knelt down & I prayed that prayer. I was only 5 years old. It doesn't matter what age you are because Jesus can save you. Mark 10:14 says, "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God".

The Christian walk is not an easy one. It takes a real man and a real woman to follow Christ. But God has blessed me & I still keep trusting Him everyday since I was 5 years old. Even in the bad times, He has never forsaken me. I could go on & on about what God has brought me through even in these recent years due to a long term illness. As David wrote in Psalm 23:4, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; they rod and thy staff they comfort me". When death looked into my face, I knew my Lord was at my side & He would bring me through it.
God has a plan for my life & for you too. Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future". I think this Bible verse is beautiful & just sums me up!

I now attend the Whitewell Metropolitan Tabernacle, Belfast. I have been blessed to have Dr James McConnell as my Pastor. If you have never been to Whitewell, come along & you'll be blessed too!
Thank you for reading my story & may God Bless you too.

Julia.

No comments:

Post a Comment